Paying with Paysafecard at an Online Casino
The Paysafecard has long been one of the most popular payment methods in Australia. But what are the advantages, and how does the well-known top-up card work? We have taken a closer look at the prepaid card from the Paysafe Group and determined the best Paysafecard casino providers for 2022.
All Paysafecard online casino sites from our list have a few things in common. For example, they have all been subjected to a thorough review and are convincing in terms of reliability and security. In addition, they all offer the Paysafecard as a payment method and thus make depositing both secure and uncomplicated.
What is a Paysafecard, and Who is Behind It?
The name Paysafecard stands for a popular prepaid card that can be redeemed at countless online providers. The name Paysafecard is misleading because it is not a physical card. In the early days of this means of payment, however, they were small cards that had to be scratched free on the back.
Nowadays, Paysafecard exists in a printout with a PIN code or as a digital prepaid card on the internet. In addition, there is now a digital account with the payment service called mypaysafecard. The epic webshop of the payment service offers a practical way to buy Paysafecard online.
The Paysafecard consists of a 16-digit number that conceals a particular monetary value. Paysafecard can be purchased at numerous local providers as well as online. The purchase of such a “card” works as follows:
First of all, you have to decide on the amount of money. Possible amounts are 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 50 and 100 dollars.
You pay this amount at the cash desk and get a receipt with your PIN on it. For online purchases, you specify the desired amounts with a mouse click and then receive the PIN by e-mail.
The PIN received has the equivalent amount paid and can now be used conveniently for online payments.
Which Company is Nehind the Paysafecard?
This payment method has initially been offered by the Austrian company Paysafecard Wertkarten GmbH. The company was founded in 2000 – initially as a public limited company. Since 2015, the company has belonged to the Paysafe Group and is thus another brand of this company and other payment providers such as Neteller or Skrill. Today, the Paysafecard is available in 46 countries worldwide and can be used for payments at thousands of online businesses.
How do Deposits with the Paysafecard Prepaid Card Work?
One of the reasons that Paysafecard is so popular among consumers is the simplicity of the processes. It is no different with deposits in online casinos.
Everything is done in just a few steps:
- In the cashier area, the player clicks on the Paysafecard and thus opens the deposit window.
- In this window, the player enters the amount that they had previously paid for the Paysafecard.
- After confirming the entry, the user is redirected and then enters the 16-digit code.
- This entry must also be confirmed, and it then takes a few seconds for the PIN to be evaluated.
If the PIN is correct, the Paysafecard amount is credited, and the player can start trying out the casino games. If a mistake is made when entering the PIN, this is not a big deal. Enter it again, and everything is done.
Deposits with the Prepaid card in Paysafecard Casinos
Depositing with the prepaid card variant of the Paysafecard is very simple. The digital code is purchased at one of the numerous sales outlets. If the player now wants to top up their credit in a selected Paysafecard casino, the payment option must be set online in the casino under the point ‘Deposit.’ The 16-digit PIN code can then be entered here. The amount is then immediately credited to the player’s account.
Withdrawals are Not Possible with the Paysafecard Prepaid Card
A payout is not possible with a Paysafecard in prepaid format. As a rule, the Paysafecard casino will ask the player to select an alternative payment method for the withdrawal in such a case. In most cases, this includes the classic bank transfer. All information on the deposit and withdrawal options can be found at the online casino Paysafecard providers in the general terms and conditions.
Paysafecard Account as a Digital Wallet
For some time now, users have also been able to manage the credit of purchased Paysafecard in a virtual eWallet. This can be done on the payment service’s website or via its own mobile app. In this way, credit from several top-up cards can be combined and managed online. What other advantages the Paysafecard account has, we show here.
The Paysafecard account offers these advantages:
- Manage credit: The credit can be deposited from individual paysafecards into the digital wallet. There, the user gets an overview of all transactions and the total amount.
- Higher amounts: Higher balances can be managed and higher amounts transferred via the Paysafecard account in the registration. In Australia, payments of up to $1500 are possible.
- Mobile app: With the Paysafecard app for Android and iOS devices, all the benefits of the account can also be used while on the move. In addition, the app replaces a physical top-up card at any time.
- Pay with login data: After registering the Paysafe account, players can also initiate payments using their login data from their account instead of entering a PIN.
- Further benefits The Paysafe wallet comes with additional benefits: These include a prepaid Mastercard or the possibility to purchase vouchers for other online shops.
In particular, the Paysafecard credit management via the app should bring many players convenient advantages. After all, top-up cards purchased by cash in this way can be immediately digitized and linked to the personal account.
This way, users can no longer lose the credit and can carry out transactions in mobile online casinos easily and directly while on the move.
How do Deposits and Withdrawals Work with a Paysafecard Online Account?
In contrast to the classic prepaid card, the Paysafecard online account for registered customers called mypaysafecard offers unique advantages over the prepaid format. However, deposits and withdrawals at online casino Paysafecard providers differ significantly from loading via a top-up card. We have compiled the following information on what needs to be taken into account.
Open an Account in Six Steps
- Call up the website: First, you have to visit the paysafecard.com website. To register, click on the button ‘Register now.’
- Enter data: The user must enter their address and contact details. A mobile phone number must also be entered, as an activation SMS will be sent to this number.
- Set username and password: The user can set their password and login name in the next step. Specific security requirements are specified for the password.
- Activate via SMS code: The payment service sends an access code via SMS to the mobile phone number provided. The code must be entered online.
- Complete identity verification: To complete registration, the user must confirm their identity. This can be done via online identification or the PostIdent procedure at a branch of the German Post Office.
- The account is registered: After successful identity verification, my Paysafecard account is fully set up and ready for use at Paysafecard online casino sites.
Deposit in the Online Casino with Paysafecard Account
If the player has a registered online account with Paysafecard, the deposit process in the Paysafecard casino is somewhat different than with the mere top-up code. The player must have redeemed the credit in advance in the online account of the payment service. Now the player can select the desired payment method in the Paysafecard online casino and then log in to the Paysafe account with their login data. Now the payment only needs to be confirmed. The significant advantage of paying by registered account: Deposits of up to €1500 are possible.
Withdrawals from the Paysafecard Casino Account
In contrast to the prepaid variant, users can make withdrawals to the virtual Paysafe account. Unfortunately, most Paysafecard online casinos do not yet support this function. This is why it is more likely to be found in online shops. However, due to the popularity of the payment method, it should only be a matter of time before more online casinos with Paysafecard enable this function.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Paysafecard?
The procedures for using the Paysafecard already make some of the advantages of this payment method clear. For example, there is the uncomplicated procedure, which even those who are using the Paysafecard for the first time can easily cope with. Everything is self-explanatory and transparent.
One of the most important advantages is the excellent security aspect that goes hand in hand with the Paysafecard. When depositing, the player does not disclose any account data. This makes the prepaid card anonymous, just like Bitcoin casino payments. In addition, the transactions are always free of charge, which will be a clear advantage, especially in the long run.
Flexibility is another aspect that speaks for the Paysafecard. The user has a lot of freedom both when purchasing and using the card. The purchase is possible both online and on-site. There is also a lot of flexibility when it comes to payment amounts. You can deposit small amounts but also use large sums. Even though the value of a single Paysafecard is limited to 100 dollars, there is nothing to stop you from buying several cards at once.
There are no real disadvantages with the Paysafecard. However, it should be noted that you can only deposit money with a Paysafecard without registering. Withdrawals must then be made using a different method, requiring you to disclose your account details. Of course, this changes with the registration of a personal my Paysafecard account. The fact that you first have to get a Paysafecard before you can use it to pay can also sometimes have a disadvantageous effect.
Conclusion: Is it Worth Paying with the Prepaid Card?
All in all, the Paysafecard is an excellent method for payments in online casinos. You don’t have to disclose any of your account details to make a deposit, and everything is done in no time.
The Paysafecard amount is credited in seconds, and all processes are both secure and transparent. Unfortunately, it is not possible to make a withdrawal with this method, so Paysafecard is not a fully-fledged payment method for casinos, and the advantages of the Paysafecard are best used in online transactions.
If you are looking for alternatives, you can find more casino payment methods here. You can find the best Paysafecard casinos here at the top of the page.
You can use Paysafecard for your deposit in these casinos to receive the welcome bonus and other bonus offers.